This episode is made possible by support from my awesome Patrons! Want to help keep the show uncensored?
Become a Patron Today
I’ve been getting a ton of requests for this video, so here it is! My guide to buying and selling used gear online. The internet is a great resource for finding used gear, however it’s also populated by lowlifes and scumbags who will take advantage of your good nature and rip you off.
Here are 10 EASY to understand points. (Even the bass player should be able to understand what to look out for because, believe it or not, they’re people too!)
1. If it’s too good to be true, it is!
2. Meet in a public place.
3. If they don’t take credit cards or paypal, it’s a scam.
4. Using PayPal? Proceed with Caution.
5. Check the return policy of the seller.
6. Ebay rating lower than 99.5%? Don’t bother.
7. Always read the bad reviews first.
8. Avoid brokerage fees!
9. Always pay for the shipping insurance.
10. Always pay for signature required